Mga Pahina

Monday, July 11, 2011

resetting canon ip1980 low ink

This all happened when the error message appeared on my screen that my wastepad is already full and my printer's red button was blinking.

Here how I did it:
<click here for link>
Downloaded Canon iP1980 Resetter

Installed the resetter.
Clicked "Lock Release" and ticked on ip1800
Checked "Cleaning" and EEPROM Clear" boxes
Clicked on "Main" and "Platen" on "Clear Waste Ink Counter" header
Then clicked "Test Pattern 1"
Put one A4 bond.
After printing, I turned my printer off
Then switched on, and there is a message appeared (I forgot what it is. what I remembered what i did was to long press the resume button for at least 5 seconds when the message appeared. it appeared twice: 1) for the black cartridge 2) for the color

Then my printer is ok.

Again, the above applies "on my case only"
If you think i did things unnecessary that made the process longer, you may freely do your own process - at your own risk of course :)

And this is only applicable if you have a CIS installed on your printer or perhaps if you are into refilling. Cause if you are using orig ink cartridge, you should buy a new one when the ink runs out.. no need for a resetter.

No comments:

Post a Comment