1. Power cable have been installed and the printer is turned off.
2. Press and hold the STOP/RESET button, then press and hold the POWER button.
3. Release the STOP/RESET (POWER button should not be released).
4. Press STOP/RESET 2 (two) times, then release the POWER button.
5. Let the indicator light green blinks until the printer head stopped moving. And LED panel shows the number of ZERO.
6. The computer will detect new hardware, just ignore them.
7. This situation indicates that the printer MP198/MP258 is in a SERVICE MODE state and ready to reset. Don’t do anything to the printer, you just need prepare the papers onto the printer paper’s tray.
Now, go to your computer. Follow the following steps:
1. Prepare the Canon Service Tool, download from HERE.
2. Run the Canon Service Tool
3. Click “MAIN“, then the printer will process, then will print one page with the words “D = 000.0 and ….”
4. Click the “EEPROM Clear“.
5. Then click the “EEPROM“, and the printer will print the results of the reset process. One of the writing row will be: “TPage(TTL=00000 COPY=00000)”
6. Turn off the printer by pressing the POWER button and turn on your print to start print. Your printer should be OK now.